Preparing data for vinyl pressing
Qrates requires audio and artwork files that meet our factory’s pressing/printing standards.
Please download the appropriate templates here and submit the following files on your project dashboard:
- Audio files
- Artwork files
- Copyright Declaration Form (How To Complete the Qrates Copyright Declaration Form)
- Tracklist (How to Complete the Qrates Tracklist)
How should I prepare my audio files?
Please send all audio files in a single zip. Make sure your audio files are named so that they clearly indicate the side and track number, for example: A1_Example.wav, B2_Sample.wav.
- We accept WAV or AIFF audio formats – the optimal bit depth and sample rate are 24-bit / 96khz (we also support audio from 16-bit/44.1kHz up to 32-bit/192 kHz). Ideally, your audio is peaking around -0.5 to - 0.1dB.
- You can submit your audio as individual audio files for each song or individual audio files for each side of your record or records.
- We highly recommend that you send us audio files that have been professionally mastered specifically for vinyl to ensure the best sounding final product.
For more details regarding mastering, please refer to this article.
How should I prepare my artwork files?
Please download the art templates from here. Align your design with the template and template specifications. Delete the template lines when you submit your art.
- Provide CMYK files for full-color printing
- Provide grayscale files for mono printing
- All documents provided must have a minimum 300dpi resolution pixel/inch. (black and white line art must be a minimum of 800dpi)
- Maximum ink coverage = 320% (Deep Black: C70% -% M70% - Y70% - K100%).
- Be sure to outline and vectorize all images and fonts where possible.
- Be sure your art meets or overlaps the bleed line (outer dotted line).
- Remove any ICC profiles from your artwork.
- Remove transparencies from your artwork.
- Remove all template lines.
- Converted to PDF format
Can I check if my submitted artwork is OK to print?
Yes, we will send you preview files for your confirmation. Once you approve the files, pressing will begin. The preview files will have the template lines in them, but the template lines will not be printed on your sleeve and labels.