Can I submit my own lacquer?
Yes, we can accept lacquers sent to our pressing plant, but please contact us through your dashboard page if you are interested in this option. That said, doing so requires a few extra steps and careful consideration as shipping and processing the lacquers comes with a higher degree of general risk such as damage during transit, lost shipments, delays, and more. Such complications could lead to errors in the pressing of your record. As special operations are required for processing lacquers, please make sure to reach out to us through your dashboard page for all relevant information before proceeding.
If you would like to submit your own lacquer, please take note of the following:
- First, please send us a message through your Dashboard page letting us know that you would like to send a lacquer. We will provide you with all pricing and shipping information at that point.
- Please add the test presses option to your project as it is required for pressing orders with lacquers.
- All lacquer shipments must include the following information:
1. Your Qrates Catalog Number (the Q and five digit number to the right of your project name on your dashboard page).
2. Customer name (record label, management, broker name, etc.)
3. Number of sides
- We are not liable for any damage during shipping or lost shipments. If the lacquer is damaged or lost in transit, we may request payment for the cutting of a new master stamper before proceeding with your order. Please understand that by sending a lacquer you are proceeding at your own risk.
- To ship directly to our pressing plant, use only trackable shipments via FedEx, UPS, DHL, or TNT. For customs, use only a replacement value for your parts, and write "not for sale, for manufacturing use only".
- Make sure to send us the tracking information as soon as possible once the lacquers are shipped.